3 Highly Common Household Items that are Poisonous to Dogs Transcript
“If you’ve got a dig who likes to drink out of the toilet, like mine does. You are not going to remember to leave your toilet seat down all the time, so be really cautious which toilet bowl cleaners you are using, especially if it’s one of those ones that stay in the toilet the whole time. The last thing you want is to come home and find your dog with this big blue mustache of toilet water, so if you’ve got a dog who likes to drinking out of the toilet I’d say just skip all those toilet cleaners all together.
Rat poison is another really common thing that dogs get in to. Some people seem to be surprised that their dog would eat rat poison. Rat poison is designed to be delicious, so your dog would eat it happily. Now, there’s a whole bunch of different types of rat poison on the market, so if your dog gets in to a rat poison at home take the package in with you to your vet so they know exactly which one your dog got and they’ll be able to treat them absolutely beautifully.
The final poisons that I see a lot of dogs getting into at home is antifreeze. Now, antifreeze tastes delicious, it is sweet and yummy and your dog will quite happily drink a entire bowl of it if they can. It will also fry their kidneys, it will cause some kidney failure fairly quickly, so if your dog has access to the garage or anywhere where you’re keeping your antifreeze, just be aware that they don’t know how deadly it is and they will quite happily stick their nose where it doesn’t belong.”