Hello lovely readers! Today I just wanted to share this infographic with you. Although we’ve already talked about the dangers of heatstroke and how to keep your pets safe, it is still something that a lot of pet owners don’t know enough about. The fact is that Heatstroke can Kill your Dog!
Heatstroke Can Kill your Dog!
Please keep an extra eye out for the symptoms of heatstroke in your Dogs this summer! It’s going to be a hot one and so many owners are still completely unaware or the warning signs and dangers.
Watch for the warning signs:
- High Fever
- Dark Red Gums or Tongue
- Rapid Heartbeat
- Nausea / Vomiting
- Excessive or Exaggerated Panting
- Unresponsive to Commands & Surroundings
- Wobbly Walking
If your dog experiences some of these signs you need to act immediately!
What to do if Your Dog Shows Some of the Signs:
- Move your Dog out of the heat and/or sun immediately!
- Give your Dog cool water to drink – don’t force them to drink or allow them to drink too much!
- Cool your Dog down by giving them a cool bath, placing a cool wash cloth on their head and/or putting a fan blowing on them.
- GET YOUR DOG TO THE VETERINARIAN!
Be careful not to over-cool your Dog, this can be just as deadly!